Instructions for use
Our solid Shampoo and Conditioner bars are good for the environment and great for your hair. They contain no palm oil, detergents, colouring, artificial additives nor preservatives and are packaged plastic free. Here are our top tips to help you make the adjustment from traditional products to a healthy scalp and nourished hair.
1. Tiny Amounts. As our products contain no water, they are super-concentrated; a little goes a very long way. Using too much shampoo or conditioner are the most frequently made mistakes!
2. Gentle Lather. Build a gentle shampoo lather or a thin layer of conditioner on your hands, before massaging or combing through your hair.
3. Rinse Thoroughly. As our products contain no detergent (SLS or SLES), you need to rinse very, very thoroughly. We have found a slightly acidic final rinse to be helpful in hard water areas.
4. Time. Hair may be covered in the residues from non-natural products and is frequently stripped of its natural oils. It can take time for your hair and scalp to rebalance.
See this blog for further details and tips for our Shampoo Bar.
AVAILABLE IN OUR MONTHLY 'SUDSCRIPTION SERVICE'. Get soaps sent monthly using our new soap subscription.
"The Shampoo bar is lovely. It lathers up really well and rinses out easily. My hair feels great and looks shiny. I was concerned that it might not feel as clean as with liquid shampoo but it is better. No more plastic containers for me!"
CARE - NOT SUITABLE FOR NUT ALLERGIES DUE TO USE OF ALMOND OIL.
Good for your hair, good for your pocket and GREAT for the planet, our popular shampoo bars are now available in lavender or lemongrass essential oil fragrances in addition to the fragrance free version.
The bars are 100% SLS free, additive-free, palm oil-free, cruelty-free, plastic-free, suitable for vegans and 100% natural. All packaging is either fully recyclable cardboard or plant derived, including our clear bags and bubble wrap, which will compost within a year. Alternatively you may choose to receive your bar without packaging.
We manufacture our products in small, waste-free batches in York, UK.
These shampoo bars can help to reduce the 36 million plastic bottles used EVERY DAY in the UK because they completely eliminate the need for plastic packaging. Plastic makes up 80% of the waste found on beaches around the world and over 300,000 tonnes of debris that floats in our oceans.
The bars last longer than your average bottle of shampoo as we do not add water to our products so you will find you do not need anywhere near as much as high street shampoos; a little goes a very long way.
Our shampoo bar now comes in three fragrance options:
- the original fragrance-free formulation is extra gentle for sensitive scalps
- the lemongrass essential oil fragranced variation smells fresh and energising. Lemongrass essential oil is said to balance excess oil production - we've had some great feedback from our trial bars and you can read it here
- the lavender essential oil fragranced version smells super-relaxing. Lavender essential oil is said to help with itchy flaky scalp - we've had some great feedback from our trial bars and you can read it here
You will find you don't need as much product as liquid shampoos to clean your hair. Simply lather the soap in your hands and then apply to your hair as you would a liquid shampoo before rinsing out very thoroughly and repeating.
Free shipping on orders over £30.
Ingredients - PLEASE CHECK THE INGREDIENTS CAREFULLY, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE ORDERING THE WRAPPER FREE VERSION:
NOT SUITABLE FOR NUT ALLERGIES DUE TO USE OF ALMOND OIL.
Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Olivate, Sodium Sweet Almondate, Sodium Castorate, Glycerin.
Lavender essential oil (linalool, limonene), Lemongrass essential oil (limonene, geraniol, citral)