Join us in our Malton workshop for a glorious, relaxing afternoon of palm oil free soap-making! Make six bars of your own signature, cold process soap to take home.
We have had outstanding feedback from past participants and are delighted to re-start our face to face workshops in 2022.
In our spacious, new premises in central Malton, we are very happy to be able to host up to ten participants, to make six, lovely bars of palm oil free soap, each, bearing your own signature fragrance, made from a blend of essential oils.
You will make your palm oil free soap from vegetable oils and waxes using the cold process soap-making method. No melt-and-pour synthetic soap bases here! Your will then personalise your soap using dried flowers, fruit, exfoliants and fragrances.
The afternoon will start at 2pm and finish at around 3.30 or 4.00pm (depending on how quickly we work - we do not like to rush, it's meant to be relaxing!)
- Tea/coffee and introductions
- The history of soap making
- The chemistry of soap-making
- Fragrances, botanicals and essential oils
- Soap Making demonstration
- Choose your own fragrances, flowers, exfoliants
- Make your own soap
- Next steps - after 24 hours (cutting the soaps) and 2 weeks (post curing)
- Cheerios and loading soap for transporting home
Workshops are held at our Navigation Wharf Premises in Malton. 3 Navigation Wharf, Yorkersgate, YO17 7AA
For bespoke workshops for your own group, family, craft club or special event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to help